Sunday, November 11, 2012

Paris, Part Three/Brussels

I'm gonna try to finish this up the trip this post because the details are starting to fade- I'm basically just trying to remember what I did at what time based off the pictures now.  So without further ado...

The dawn of the third morning, I set off to the north bank of Paris, first to find the Train Station I would be leaving from the next day.  Confirming that I would be able to keep myself from being stranded in Paris (even though it wouldn't be terrible to be stuck in such a city) I started off finally to see the most elevated part of the city: Montmartre.

Most of Paris is pretty flat.  There is only one real hill in Paris, which is absolutely massive, Montmartre, which even has the French word for 'mountain' in the name.  Atop it sits the Sacre Coeur (Sacred Heart) Church, which has an absolutely amazing view.
 The church was pretty cool too.
Around there was a pretty big touristy section, where I bought some postcards, and, even though it was 7 euros, was the best hot dog I've ever had.
 Also, I saw a mime.
I continued (not intentionally) my tour of Churches, and took the metro over to the Ile de la Cité to go see the Notre Dame.
As the day was winding down, my new gay friend from the hostel called me up and offered to go shopping with me in the Galleries Lafayette, pretty much the most expensive designer mall in the world.  I ended up seeing one of my teachers from Montpellier there, and then me and Sylvan bought expensive-yet-tasty macaroons.
Sadly, this was the only picture I got of him.  But I have his Facebook and his phone number, so maybe I can hang out with him again before I leave France.

So I spent my last night in the hostel, then left early the next morning for Brussels.  Being way too tired from walking around for three days, I spent pretty much the whole day in the hostel there, talking with my cool ex-Soviet and German roommates.

Next morning, went exploring once again.  Brussels was a little harder to find my way around with much fewer landmarks, but I was able to find my way to a touristy area.  Saw some cool sights, ate fries.

Saw lots of shops.  Lots of Chocolate, pastries, and even some beer.


Then I wandered around a bit, got lost, found the concert place, and got my ear drums rocked and face melted by Coheed and Cambria.
Next morning, seven hour train right back to Montpellier.

Next post, just pictures.  Panoramics.  Wooo!

0 comments:

Post a Comment